- What Personal Data We Collect
We process the following types of personal data:
- Contact information: such as your name, address, phone, email and other similar information.
- Any other information you submit to us: such as opinions and any other information you provide.
- Why We Collect, Use and Store this Personal Data
We collect, use and store your personal data for the reasons set out below.
Honda Trading will also convert personal data into anonymous data and use it (normally on an aggregated statistical basis) for research and analysis to improve the Website, analyse trends and, tailor products. Aggregated personal information does not personally identify you or any other use of the Website.When providing Honda Trading with personal data of minors, Honda Trading strongly encourages the prior consent of parents / guardians.
- Where you have given consent.
- Where necessary for Honda Trading’s legitimate interests, as listed below, and where our interests are not overridden by your data protection rights.
- to deliver the Website and related services to you;
- to administer the Website resources;
- to allow us to improve and optimise the Website and Honda Trading services;
- to respond to your request or enquiry; to contact you for the above purpose; to ask you to provide your opinion or participate in surveys about our vehicles, products and services;
- to understand which parts of the Website are popular/most used, or those which need changing/upgrading; and
- to respond to user questions and complaints; and for internal record keeping
- Where necessary to comply with a legal obligation.
- Where necessary to protect Honda’s legitimate interests and legal rights, and where our interests and not overridden by your data protection rights.
Protecting our legitimate business interests and legal rights. This includes, but is not limited to, use in connection with compliance, regulatory, auditing, legal claims (including disclosure of such information in connection with legal process or litigation) and other ethics and compliance reporting requirements.
- How We Share Your Personal Data
(a) Transfers to companies providing services under contractYour personal data will be shared with companies providing services under contract to Honda Trading, such the companies set out below:
Transfers outside JapanYour personal data that we collect from you may be stored and processed in Japan or in any other country where service providers maintain facilities. Honda Trading will ensure appropriate safeguards as required by applicable law to ensure the integrity and security of your personal data when engaging such service providers.Third party appsWhere you download a third party app from the Website, your personal data will be transferred to that third party app provider directly as a separate data controller. Honda Trading is not responsible for the processing of your personal data by such app providers. As such, you should take time to read and understand how your personal data will be used by app providers before you download their apps.
- Website provider
- Website service provider IT hosting
- IT maintenance provider
(b) Transfers to other of Honda Trading group entitiesIf it is necessary for responding to your request or enquiry, your personal data will be shared with other entities of Honda Trading group (“Honda Trading group” means Honda Trading, subsidiaries of Honda Trading, affiliate companies of Honda Trading).Transfers outside JapanSome of entity of Honda Trading group maintains facility outside of Japan. Only if you agree, your personal data which Honda collects through the contact form in the Website may be stored and processed in the countries other than Japan. Honda Trading will ensure appropriate safeguards as required by applicable law to ensure the integrity and security of your personal data in this case. You can withdraw above consent to such sharing at any time.
(c) Transfers to other organizations
- Transfers to third parties if we are under a duty to disclose your personal data in order to comply with a legal obligation or if we consider this is necessary for us to protect the rights, property or safety of Honda, our customers or others.
- Transfers to government authorities and/or law enforcement officials if mandated by law or if required for the protection of our legitimate interests in compliance with applicable laws.
- Your Choices and Rights
(a) Your general Rights and Choices
These rights may be limited, for example if fulfilling your request would reveal personal data about another person, or if you ask us to delete information which we are required by law or have compelling legitimate interests to keep.
- You have the right to ask Honda Trading for a copy of your personal data; to correct, delete or restrict processing of your personal data; and to obtain the personal data you provide in a structured, machine readable format.
- You can object to the processing of your personal data in some circumstances (in particular, where we don’t have to process the data to meet a contractual or other legal requirement).
- Where we have asked for your consent, you may withdraw consent at any time. If you ask to withdraw your consent to Honda Trading processing your data, this will not affect any processing which has already taken place at that time.
(b)Your Right to Complain to a Supervisory AuthorityYou also have the right to complain to a supervisory authority for data protection, where applicable to your personal data under the applicable laws.
- Data Retention
We will retain your personal data only f or as long as we need it for Honda Trading's legitimate interest in accordance with applicable law, or perform a service at your request, or to meet a legal requirement. At the end of the retention period, we will take steps to delete your personal data or hold it in a form that no longer identifies you.
- Links to third party Websites
- Cookies and Access Logs
- Disclaimers Regarding Use of Personal Data
- Contact Us