Environment Resources Business
We have established recycling business models for resources that are discarded as waste by car dealerships of Honda ("car dealerships") and other related businesses in Japan, and offer consulting services regarding waste materials for car dealerships. We also supply printing paper used for Honda catalogs and calendars.
Just like the human body, industry depends on the existence of both arteries and veins. In this analogy, if Honda’s manufacturing operations are the arteries, then recovering end-of-life products and putting them to effective use again are the veins. As well as supporting Honda’s manufacture of products, Honda Trading is contributing to the formation of a recycling society through businesses that create systems for the unlimited recycling of those products.
Our Environmental Resources Business is also promoting the resource recycling business of the Honda Group and contributing to a carbon-free society.
Main services and commercial materials
- Resources recycling We are contributing to the formation of a recycling society by recycling waste from car dealerships in Japan (ex. used lead batteries, scrapped bumpers, etc.) and resources extracted from end-of-life vehicles (ex. catalysts, rare metals, etc.).
- Waste consulting We offer comprehensive support to car dealerships in Japan to strengthen their compliance with waste treatment and disposal regulations and to reduce operational burdens. In this way, we are helping them to manage the risks pertaining to waste treatment and disposal.
- General merchandise We supply the paper used by Honda to print catalogs, as well as cardboard and other packaging materials. We are also engaged in other recycling initiatives that make use of used paper.
Green & Smart Factory Products
We propose products that will reduce industrial waste and CO2 emissions to help convert conventional manufacturing plants into green factories, as well as products that use AI technology and IoT for factory automation and labor-saving, to turn those plants into smart factories.
- Flocculants for wastewater treatment
- Water quality improvement equipment
- Chip processing equipment
- Shielding gas reduction device
- AI-based external appearance testing device, etc.
Nationwide trading network
We have developed solutions businesses that target the approximately 1,200 car dealerships in Japan through our Resources Recycling Business and Waste Consulting Business. In recent years, we have made proposals for new businesses that take advantage of the Honda Group network.
Resources Recycling Business
In Japan, we are contributing to the formation of a circular economy by recycling waste from car dealerships (ex. used lead batteries, scrapped bumpers, etc.) and resources extracted from end-of-life vehicles (ex. rare metals, catalysts, etc.).
- Establishment of resources recycling schemes
- Establish recycling schemes in which resources generated by our customers are put back into the society.
- Optimal logistics design
- Design optimal combinations through network of Honda and non-Honda logistics companies
- Establish mid-to long term relationships with recycling-related businesses
- Establish mid-to long term relationships with recycling-related businesses that are key to resources recycling (smelting businesses, recycling companies)
Practical example of recycling schemes
Establish recycling flow for used lead batteries from car dealerships
With the aim of recycling precious resources (lead) in Japan, we have established and are operating a recycling flow for used lead batteries from car dealerships.
Waste consulting Business
In Japan, we conduct integrated management in two domains, namely, strengthening compliance and reducing the operational burdens regarding waste disposal borne by car dealerships, and offering total support in their waste disposal activities.
General merchandise Business
We supply the commodities needed by Honda in Japan, dealing mainly in paper used to print catalogs and cardboard and other packaging materials used to pack components.
We also handle the material recycling of used cardboard, catalogs, and other paper.